Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Mosquito

Today I saw a mosquito, and I was trying to swat it with a broom. Finally I killed it, but it took a couple of swats. I felt good. This is how it all started. Emrie came inside because she saw a mosquito and then I guess that it came inside when she opened the door. My mighty warrior instincts took over and I went in the pantry to get a broom. I knew I was going to kill it because those dirty little rascals give you big itchy mosquito bites! I was hitting the walls in the kitchen when Mommy came in the room and asked me what in the world I was doing. And then she was afraid I would scratch the paint off of the walls. I told her I would be careful. My sister Emrie was screaming and so was Christian. Although they were not cheering me on, Emrie climbed on a chair to tell me if I was getting closer to hitting it. Then I finally hit it, but I wasn't sure if I hit it, but then I shook the broom around to see if the mosquito would fly off. It didn't fly off, but it did fall off. That's when I knew it was dead. I felt awesome because my mighty warrior senses helped me defeat my enemy. This was the start to a very good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Warrior, It sounded like you were killing a big snake in your letter. I remember when the misquotes put knots on you bigger than baseballs. I didn't know you were such a good writer. Papa loves you a lot.

Chad Doerr said...

Thanks Jalen. That's one less misquito that will bite me:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Jalen! That misquito didn't stand a chance! We all know you're THE MAN! I'm just glad you didn't destroy the house while saving you're family from getting bit. Trust me, I know it's difficult to keep your powerful muscles under control. I can't say that to everyone. I just know that you're extra strong. I sure hope you're around the next time I see a misquito. I love you, Rebecca.